Whether it is summer or winter where you are, start your day by giving your skin a little extra TLC with this super easy but effective hydrating body scrub.
Not only does it remove dead skin cells to give you glowing skin and stimulate circulation, the Carrier Oil will soothe and hydrate, and the Essential Oil blend, whichever one you choose, will enliven your mood, purify your skin and put a spring in your step.
1 cup Sugar
½ cup Carrier Oil (such as Almond Oil, Camellia Oil or Fractionated Coconut Oil)
1 tablespoon WA Sandalwood Powder
15-20 drops essential oil blend – choose from the below options
100ml Jar (choose glass or plastic that is appropriate for carrying essential oils, such as PET, PETG & HDPE.
Mix it up!
Have a little fun with this DIY project with optional extras! Try adding to the effect of your scrub by:
- using various coarseness of sugar or salt
- adding dried flowers (think dried lavender or rose petals)
- adding a cosmetic clay for their drawing properties
- adding cocoa powder or vanilla extract for added colour and aroma
- add ground coffee for added stimulating effect
Essential oil combination ideas:
Purify – For a purifying and stimulating scrub with a wonderfully mint and citrusy aroma, try the Purify blend of Essential Oils in your sugar scrub.
Floral Gratitude – For a sugar scrub with a gorgeous floral aroma that is balancing and fortifying for your skin, try the Floral Gratitude blend of Essential Oils in your sugar scrub.
- Place the sugar into a bowl or large jar.
- In a separate beaker or bowl add the Carrier Oil and Essential Oils and combine well.
- Pour the Carrier/Essential Oil combination over the salt and stir well to combine.
Using your body scrub:
Using dry clean hands (or a clean spoon if keeping some for another time), scoop out the scrub into your hand and apply to damp skin, massaging in circular motions, moving from the feet upward. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and gently pat dry. Caution, the carrier oil can make the shower floor slippery.
- Shelf life is the expiry date the ingredient with the nearest expiry date.
- Avoiding exposing the product to moisture (ie by scooping with a wet hand) will help with shelf life.
- Store in a cool dark place.